re:publica 2013 - Sascha Lobo and his view @(#)

Yesterday Sascha Lobo gave his speech on re:publica 2013, which is currently taking place in Berlin. Many people like him, some tend to hate him. I personally find his column in Spiegel-Online interesting. And this is not that "I don't like it, but I don't want to say this" kind of "interesting". Really interesting. Not always, but most of the times.
I already watched his speech in 2012. "facebook is not internet" and "write blogs". That was what he mentioned there. I think he is right - so that was one more reason to start this blog here.
This criticism has continued this year. But the idea is now to include all your social network activities into your blog. That's why reclaim.fm has been set up. Sascha's example for such a reclaim site can be found here.
Great concept. Good implementation.
For me, this topic has become almost superfluous, since I have almost completely stopped my activities on facebook. On Twitter I am also mainly in a consumer role.
So if you have heard on Sascha in the past year, you have nothing more to do this year.

Another topic of Saschas speach could be described with the claim "just do it". Don't talk so much, do it. Create. He "invented" a logo for the internet, which is 

(#)

There is even a minimalistic website for it.

Apparently google cannot handle the symbols - or it is considering it as wildcards:

"Your search - (#) - did not match any documents."

Does "non-googlebar" also mean not survivable?




Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

New York - Rio - Tokyo

Material Design